Yesterday, I was thinking about how some things should simply be allowed to go when they need to go.
No forcing.
No holding on.
No trying to preserve a version of something simply because it once felt good.
Some things have their season, and perhaps wisdom is knowing
when to let the season change.
Then today happened.
Nothing dramatic. Nothing that changes anything. Nothing to
hang onto or build a grand story around.
Just a small moment.
And yet, it made me smile.
Because sometimes, what yesterday could not give can simply
become tomorrow’s playground.
A conversation that once felt impossible becomes easy.
A distance that seemed fixed suddenly has room in it.
Something you thought had reached its natural boundary finds another little
corner in which to breathe.
Not necessarily because anything has changed.
Sometimes, it is simply because the moment has changed.
Life is a mystery like that.
It does not always announce what it is doing. It shifts
things quietly, rearranges the pieces when you are not looking, and
occasionally throws something unexpected onto the board just to remind you that
you are not the one writing every move.
And perhaps that is why we should be careful about drawing
conclusions from yesterday.
Yesterday was yesterday.
Today has its own vocabulary.
Tomorrow will have its own grammar.
So I am learning not to cling too tightly to what was, nor
to demand too much from what might be.
I can simply notice.
I can smile.
I can let a moment be a moment.
Because sometimes, the thing you thought was the end of a
sentence was merely a comma.
Sometimes, the page you thought was finished turns out to
have another line waiting.
And sometimes, what yesterday could not give...
can just be tomorrow’s playground.
Life is funny that way.
You never quite know what the next moment might be.
It could simply be...
another turn of the page.

No comments:
Post a Comment